As some of you may or may not know we have been in a dispute with the City of Redding about CrossFit Redding occupying our current building. A few years ago when we moved to Progress Drive we were excited at the prospect of having a new building that would forever fit our needs, unfortunately the City of Redding didn’t feel the same way. Due to zoning, permitting, and enormous fees we decided that this would be a never ending battle that we knew we would not win. It is with deep regret that we have to leave Progress Drive.
Wipe away your tears, turn that frown upside down; let’s talk about the new place. As of today we signed a lease agreement for a bigger building that is zoned properly, permitted properly, and will definitely fit our needs. The new place we feel is more easily accessible for you and is 3.7 miles away from Progress Drive and the new place is easily accessible from I-5 or Churn Creek. For some of you that have been around since the beginning you will remember our very first building and this is yet another step up in the right direction for our growing CrossFit Redding Community.
Now let’s talk about the highlights of the building…
1. Shasta County has graciously welcomed us
2. The building is 6,000sq ft. same size as our current building
3. The new building will have 4600sq ft. of usable workout space (more than our current location)
4. One wall of windows overlooking the street
5. Roll up door, front foyer, 2 men’s restrooms, one very large women’s restroom with 3 stalls
6. Fully dedicated kids room
7. Upstairs offices
8. Off street parking
9. Off street running… our new building sits on 6 acres of wooded enclosed property
10. We have our own hill for hill sprints… YAY!
11. And don’t worry we wouldn’t go anywhere that didn’t have space for prowlers and sleds ... that’s off the street too *see item 10 … YAY!*
12. Last but not least the new building is heated and … wait for it… air conditioned. Not that we need it
The move will be a slow transition that will take time. If you walk in to our current facility and notice something missing is probably because we are bolting it in to our new box. Our goal is to have our move completed before March so we can hold the Reebok CrossFit Open at our new building. We apologize for the inconvenience but we feel in the end that this is the best possible choice for CrossFit Redding’s Community.
5211 Churn Creek
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. -Henry Ford
Wed, January 16, 2013
by Bryan Schenone